I have been working on a character for the Friday night Vampire game, Liza Whitney. Well, technically I am reworking a character I used to play as an NPC. But still, fleshing out something on paper that was only needed in your head before is hard work. I painfully put only starting points on her character sheet and looked at all the sad, unfilled dots. I am resisting spending my mountain of bonus eeps on a character I am not in love with. Yes, I have a mountain of bonus eeps from my 10 months on staff - or so. When the battle became too much I tried to simply write up her background; this did not reveal itself to be less difficult for me. Right in the middle of my agonizing it was time to pick Chris up from work. Discussing my frustration and generally just talking about Vampire it somehow came up that I could give Liza Cauldron of Blood with my mountain of bonus eeps. This inevitably lead to a scenario where Liza had killed someone in a room an promptly gotten caught by the populace. How would she explain herself?
Warning, some of these make no sense if you are not in the vampire game. Thank you Chris for making the list, lets think of more!
1. Cristobal did it.
2. A Shadow Lord killed him and jumped out the window. Quick, we can still catch him! What do you mean, why isn't the closed window broken?
3. Corpse? Oh my god, there's a corpse in here!
4. Rainier did it.
5. No really, the Prince did it. Can he confirm my story? Of course he can, just let me talk to him for a second.
6. This is not the corpse you're looking for.
7. Julian Luna ordered him killed.
8. Eddie Fiori did it.
9. Meyer did it.
10. I couldn't have done it, I abhor violence.
11. Mortimer did it! (Ding ding, we have a winner!)